London, UK: What can the pharma industry learn from the food cold chain? To what extent do the challenges of the pharmaceutical cold chain the food cold chain and overlap? Can solutions that improve food cold chain be relevant to pharma cold chain?
SMi Group’s latest addition to the programme for its Cold Chain Distribution 2016 conference is Stephen James, director, Food Refrigeration & Process Engineering Research Centre, the Grimsby Institute, who will speak on “What can the pharma industry learn from the food cold chain?”
Highlights from the talk include: what technologies developed for the food cold chain are directly applicable for pharmaceutical industry; discovering cost-reduction strategies without jeopardising product quality; how to manage risks.
Cold Chain Distribution 2016 will take place in London, on 12 – 13 December. The event will host cold chain experts from the pharma and biotech regulators and suppliers to keep abreast of cold chain distribution developments. The conference will also provide information on the latest technologies in cold chain distribution, from temperature monitoring to packing.
• Hear from MHRA, PIC/S and Danish Medicines Agency on GDP updates to ensure compliance.
• Get insights into emerging markets for cold chain distribution potential and challenges from Johnson & Johnson, Teva Pharmaceucals (Israel)and Vertex Pharmaceutical (Europe).
• Hear from other leading pharma cold chain experts from GSK, NHS Blood & Transplant, Finnair, Peli BioThermal, Cell Therapy Catapult, Modalis and more.
• Learn about the latest technologies in cold chain distribution, from temperature monitoring to packaging.
• Meet your 3PLs at the conference and discuss how to drive operational excellence.
Confirmed attendees 2016 include: Copenhagen Capacity, Day Lewis Plc, Envirotainer, Genzyme, GlaxoSmithKline, GW Pharmaceuticals, Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V., JB360solutions, Kyowa Kirin International plc, MHRA, Pfizer Group, Porton Biopharma, Roche Pharmaceuticals, Shire, Wockhardt UK and many more.
Cold Chain Distribution 2016 offers to its attendees a fantastic networking opportunity with the leading experts in the industry at a drinks reception on day one followed by a Gala Dinner (invitation only) hosted by World Courier.
Posted on September 8, 2016
by Edwin Kalischnig